Hair Care Products for Human Hair Wigs
Here at Hairkind, our expert stylists cannot stress enough the importance of the aftercare of your wig or hairpiece. Our products, from the top selling Ellen Wille Expert Care Range, are perfect for all wigs or toppers that are made of, or include, human hair.
Our products include wig shampoos, conditioners and styling sprays; all specially made to condition, protect and restore your wig, ensuring ongoing softness and lustrous shine.
Have a look at the products we recommend in the Hair Care Products section of our online shop.
Caring for your wig
Caring for your wig is so important to prolong the condition shine, lustre and feel.
Washing Your Wig
Firstly, and most importantly, you will need to use the appropriate hair care products. We highly recommend that you only use a product that has been specially designed to wash, treat and condition human hair wigs.
- Gently brush out the wig to remove any tangles, (unless the wig is extremely curly and / or it came with a tag telling you that it should not be brushed).
- Pin the wig to a poly head and use a shower head to ensure the water is running in the same direction.
- Drench your piece with water then apply a small amount of shampoo.
- Gently comb the shampoo through the hair, one section at a time, working from top to bottom using downward strokes
- Rinse with cool water from the top down and from the inside of the cap to remove any remaining shampoo.
- Apply conditioner and repeat steps 4 and 5 above. Follow the instructions on your conditioner as to how long you should leave this on the hair.
- Gently blot the hair dry with a towel. Take care not to rub the hair.
- Lightly comb through. For the best results always allow the wig to air dry naturally.
- To restyle your human hair wig, you may use a hairdryer, rollers or straighteners on low heat settings.
We stock a range of Ellen Wille hair care products that can be ordered online or purchase in salon.
Please feel free to get in touch if you would like any advice as to which products are right for you and your wig.
Styling Your Wig
You can style your wig or hairpiece using hair dryer, rollers or straighteners. Always use a wide brush or wide tooth comb.
You can also call into the salon and we can style your wig for you to suit your requirements.